Oksana Mizina/Shutterstock SECRET INGREDIENT: orange juice When summer arrives and strawberries are in season, this is the perfect way to
SECRET INGREDIENT: orange juice
When summer arrives and strawberries are in season, this is the perfect way to enjoy them. Whirl up the berries with yogurt for a creamy, refreshing snack. Orange juice adds a sweet tang.
[quicklook-recipe prep_time=”15 min” cook_time=”” serves=”4″ details=”” ]
- 1 quart (4 cups) ripe strawberries
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 thin orange slices (optional)
How to Make It in 15 Minutes
1. Hull all but 4 of the strawberries. Add the hulled strawberries to a food processor or blender. Add the yogurt, orange juice, and sugar. Process on the highest speed until a well-blended puree forms, about 15 seconds, stopping to scrape down the sides of the container once or twice. Taste the mixture and sweeten with more sugar, if you wish.
2. Pour into tall glasses. Slit the 4 whole strawberries and the orange slices halfway through to the centers. Attach 1 strawberry and 1 orange slice, if using, to the rim of each glass before serving.